28 December 2012

Hello!


Just thought I'd introduce myself as a new contributor to this blog, and thanks to Toe-Knee for inviting me in.

I've been playing guitar and have been in bands for about 15 years now and in that time have done hundreds of gigs with both covers and original material bands. I'm also a trained Live/Studio Sound and Recording Engineer, so you could say I've been round the block a few times!

I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as either Toe-Knee or Bob on the technical side and inner workings of amps or pedals but have in my time owned alot of and, due to my work in the studio, have come into contact with alot of different types and brands of equipment, so I think I have a pretty good ear and idea for combinations of things that will and won't work together.

Most of my contribution will come on the gear review side and I'll leave the more technical information to Toe-Knee and Bob!

Musically I'm pretty much in the 70s Rock, 80s Rock/Metal, 70s Punk and Blues side of things, even though I have been known to listen to some heavier stuff now and again, so my reviews will mainly concentrate on gear that fits into those types of genres.

Let us know if there's anything in particular you want to know about or want us to write about and we'll do our best to cover it.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment