8 May 2012

Swirley Shirley MkI

Well i've got this knocked together in a temporary state.

The neck is a temporary one that I got on ebay for £18! Complete bargain. It has a great playability and as an added bonus has a brass nut. It has had a repair behind the headstock that has been done very well and also is a 54mm heel rather than the required 55.5mm.

The bridge is also a cheapo from eBay that is surprisingly good and will do the job until the Kahler 2710 arrives.

Back onto the pickups. They are all entwistles being HVX in the bridge. The single coil is the XS62 and the neck is the HVX neck. They are all very nice they are very 80s sounding but are not quite 100% what I want as i prefer more high end presence and and a faster more precise low end.

I do have plans on trying other pickups in this guitar from both Bulldog pickups & The Creamery.

I will get some clips done for the next post regarding this when the guitar is in MKII.

Now here's a few pictures

Here's a quick shot of me playing it. you can see the gaps at the side of the neck.

This photo shows how well the clear coating turned out.

Ignore the twisted B & E strings here I had to take the neck off to adjust the truss rod and didn't realise before taking the photo.

This one shows just how amazingly vibrant the DR neons are and as a bonus they sound and feel amazing too.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, sucks nobody has commented. Nice axe, I'm impressed, and jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers! I need to actually do another post about this guitar as there has been quite a few changes but i'll wait until I get the Kahler installed.

    ReplyDelete