8 January 2013

MXR Custom Badass Modified Overdrive Clips. Updated Clips

Hey guys.
It's just a brief one today as I really don't have too much time on my hands.

A good friend Ben Asaro kindly provided me with some DI tracks that he used to use for demoing pedals. With this I have reamped it six times across two channels/modes on my amp for demonstration purposes.

During all of the clips the pedal settings stayed exactly the same which was everything set to half way on the dials for consistency. Below you will find all six of the clips with a brief description of what is going on.

When I have a little more time I will do some more in depth clips to show how transparent the pedal can be and also how it sounds in a mix as I would normally use it. If you have any settings requests please leave a comment and I will do my best to accommodate.

Also a big thanks goes to Ben for sharing the DI track.

For the sake of complete consistency I recorded the following clips using the Slave Out on my amplifier which is tapped straight from the speaker output jack. I then loaded an impulse response in Reaper for each item to emulate the cabinet. This ensures that everything is exactly the same across all of the clips other than the channel being changed and the bump switch being activated.

Clip 1 - This is on the clean channel of my amp with the pedal bypassed.



Clip 2 -  This is on the clean channel with the pedal turned on.



Clip 3 - This is on the clean channel this time with the pedal on and with the bump switch engaged.





Clip 4 - This is on the crunch channel with the pedal bypassed.



Clip 5 - This is on the crunch channel with the pedal turned on.



Clip 6 - This is on the crunch channel with the pedal turned on and with the bump switch engaged.


No comments:

Post a Comment